An issue I have is trying to do things that I don’t have explicit Beeminders set for. I think it’d be a good idea to jot down all my thoughts and ideas and maybe try to figure out a way to Beemind them? Or, gasp, just actually do them regardless. I think.
Mostly, I want to somehow find a better balance between my technical work and my creative work. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a few publications to submit my work to, and have some more time to write. There’s this concept from the Do Work Journal from Baronfig I’ve been looking into, which is the dead-simple idea of:
- Starting with your Quarter Milestones (or as Grey would put it, Seasonal Themes).
- Having monthly goals that are directly related to getting progress done towards those milestones.
- And then, having weekly tasks that are directly related to getting progress done on those goals.
- /photos, I’ve noticed, will not update in time for the midnight deadline if I post late at night. I’m not exactly sure why this is. Since my other IFTTT work fine with last-minute updates, I’m guessing this has something to do with how Instagram deals with their API.
- /writing is also a little finicky, Draft doesn’t count words that are directly pasted instead of typed, although I could see this being a feature instead of a bug, it just means that I have to do practically all of my primary writing within Draft, or hack my way around it.
- /french is going great! I’ve moved up to the Sapphire League. Duolingo’s competitive-based approach to learning motivates me a lot. I originally started with just 10XP/day but usually do at least 40XP daily.
- /fitness is getting a harsh auto-trimming of the saftey buffer, as I should be doing 10,000 steps a day, minimum, to keep healthy.
- /distraction is one of a couple of systems that I’ve zoomed in on (starting on my restart date this year instead of its inception in 2017), and I’ve noticed that having an auto-trim on a do-less goal makes it look rather interesting!